Thursday, May 12, 2011

I am a dangerous man


Yesterday, I had my final meeting with the district to discuss the findings of their "investigation" into my involvement in the student protest to save my job. I was treated like a pedophile, and charged with nothing. School ends in a week, and I will not be there.

It took the district five weeks to discover that I had a conversation with an Assistant Principal, where I asked why he was suspending students for staging a sit-in. Apparently, I had that conversation too close to the kids, and was deemed unprofessional. Strange how the Superintendent shared my opinion that students shouldn't be suspended. I am unprofessional.

The remainder of the "Letter of Concern" that I got listed how I had answered students questions on assignments after being given instruction to have no contact with students or staff. Damn me for helping a student. Damn me for having students that cared.

What I am most disappointed in, is the fact that the people who run our schools are the exact people you don't even want running Enron. I inspired some students, and they got mad. In response, the district takes me out of the classroom, fakes an investigation, and gives a sub for the students, while still paying me. The community garden that was to be put in was destroyed, the Outdoor Club was suspended, and my students started ditching and failing. It takes an amazing amount of cognitive dissonance to not see that the actions of the district have significantly harmed students who cannot afford it. Damn them. Damn them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment